Friday, August 14, 2009

Art of Rebecca Guay

First, it should go without saying that the new episode of Desperate Romantics is up on YouTube. Follow the same link as last episode, and you can watch. This one was probably my favorite one yet, showcasing Annie Miller's heartbreak, and with numerous one-liners that made me laugh out loud.

Today I wanted to feature an artist whose work I've admired ever since I saw my first Magic: The Gathering card she had illustrated. Her name is Rebecca Guay, and I've noticed some of her recent work has more of a Pre-Raphaelite inspiration to it.

The first image below, Euridice Before Death, especially looks Pre-Raphaelite to me, and started my search for more images.






5 comments:

Kate said...

Desperate Romantics is turning out to have some cracking comedic one liners isn't it? I'm dreading how they're going to introduce my all time hero William Morris next week though!

Jim said...

Hi Grace,
You beat me to it! I was going to do a bit on Rebecca myself. I bought a signed limited print of 'Moaning Spirit' last year and was really pleased. I first noticed her work (likewise through Magic: The Gathering) when I saw Nature's Chosen which is very John Waterhouse (no bad thing, of course).

Her official website is here. Btw, her name is pronounced 'gay'. So now you know :)

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh Grace, these are a great find! It is so nice to see young artists with the special touch and inspiration of the masters! How are you? If you have some time, skip on by the blog; I wrote another silly little play. I don't know if it's your cup of tea, but stop on by just to say hi. Take care and thinking of you, Anita

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Hi Grace! Oh I am so glad you came by! Forgive me for such a silly play, but I amuse myself with such!! You are very kind to amuse me back! Do wear your beautiful gown again, you will be a smash hit in the audience! :) Anita

Belle-Etoile said...

I discovered Rebecca's work awhile ago, in a beautiful book about goddesses from all over the world. I'm glad to see someone else has discovered her as well!