Saturday, January 23, 2010

Raimon Bundo's Gowns

Thanks to Merle, who sent me info on this amazing designer.

Raimon Bundo is a bridal fashion company, and boy, is their work amazing. Well, most of the work I admire the most seems to be done by the designer, Ivonne Ruiz. According to the website, in slightly awkward English translation:

"They are pioneers in the use of prints on wedding dresses, which they have been doing for several collections, of which we should highlight the one inspired by the Renaissance (Renacer). His designer Ivonne Ruiz insists on illustrating some of her gowns using images of the various pre-Raphaelite painters, thus invoking the spirit of Romeo and Juliet. This group of painters (1848) were great at evoking antiquity by adopting the techniques and styles of the painters who were predecessors of Raphael."

In a recent fashion show, the influence of the Pre-Raphaelites was inarguable. First there is this gown, sent to me by Merle:



It may be hard to see, (click all pictures to enlarge, as always!!) but the bodice features Waterhouse's Windflowers.

But that's not all. The same fashion show featured a gorgeous backdrop of Burne-Jones' Last Sleep of Arthur in Avalon, seen below:


And the above gown also features what looks to me like a print of Rossetti's The Beloved on the bodice:

And this one looks like Rossetti's A Sea Spell:

The runway also featured gorgeous gowns not screened with images:


And elsewhere on the site, one can see other amazing fabric art gowns featuring Botticelli and other artists:

I also loved the gowns more directly inspired by Art Nouveau jewelry (especially since I just saw the exhibit featured in the last entry). These gowns below look like they could be from a Mucha painting directly:




The grand finale, however, is to view the video that plays on this page. Each gown (and jewelry!) that walks down the runway takes my breath away a little bit more, until I'm positively lightheaded from beauty.

Thank you, Merle, for sharing this dose of incredible gorgeousness with us!!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

ooh, i love all the other gowns too. love the gowns with the mucha women on them and the art nouveau inspired gowns as well-the lace cut-outs,the jewelry and the flowers and headpieces are fantastic. alice temperly is another designer who has some very art nouveau gowns out this year(her own wedding had a flapper theme and my ex grew up with her in england, but she is a big time designer now-these gowns remind me of her's so check out her site). the fashion show video was so beautiful!

Ivory Flame said...

Wow they are beautiful!!

Linden Sidhe said...

There certainly seems to be a renewed interest in Art Nouveau, coming back with the 80s styles, I should think, as there was a surge of nouveau then, too. This time it appears we're delving deeper, and coming up with more Aesthetic Movement. ;) It's fascinating to see the modern take on things, and to watch as styles and interests come around and around again and again. Not quite my style, but beautiful, and fascinating!

Linden Sidhe said...

I was speaking of the video not being quite my style.. the ones you pictured are definitely much closer. ;)

Brittany said...

Oh my goodness, these are gorgeous!

I just recently found your blog and I'm so happy that I did! I kept going back and back in your posts - they're all wonderful! :).

Grace said...

Welcome, Brittany! I hope you enjoy what you see here!

Unknown said...

I love these dresses. Where can one buy them in the US?

Grace said...

Hi Karen, I'm afraid I don't know the answer to your question! :(