Saturday, July 11, 2009

Daisies in Rene's Honeymoon Cabinet


Today's find from the new Birmingham website (see below) is this wonderful sketch EBJ did to prepare for his portion of the King Rene's Honeymoon Cabinet. I chuckled out loud when I saw another little homage/nod to Edward Burne-Jones' good friend Morris: He put Morris' Daisy pattern on her gown! (click to see larger)

and again, if you click to see detail, he also worked the Daisy pattern into the foliage in his Theseus and the Minotaur tile!

2 comments:

Hermes said...

Well spotted, hadn't seen this. It is such a fantastic site.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

THIS IS SO COOL. I am going back to the site to look at more of the details. AND...today, we are finally going to the Minn. Institute of Fine Arts to see the great exhibit on Holman Hunt and the other greats. We are going with a dear friend who shares the vision. I will let you know how it went. I am up to my ears in thesis writing, but my adviser is pleased with the progress I am making. I would rather be playing however! Take care Grace, Anita