Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Red House, Black Cat

This blog is something that will probably only be of interest to a small handful of you, but it made me grin, so I have to share.

You may recall I mentioned once before that I have a gorgeous black cat-child. Well, apparently, so does William Morris' Red House! Seen here and here are two different Red House tourists' shots of his handsome mug. His name is Oscar, and I would love to know more about him! The black cat owner in me adores the idea of a gorgeous little panther walking around the birthplace of Arts and Crafts, protecting it. Anyone who has been to Red House or might know more about little Oscar, please let me know!

Also, something of interest to more than just black cat lovers...I stumbled across this most excellent resource for anyone planning a Pre-Raphaelite themed trip to England. This page is all about where to find Pre-Raphaelite interiors, but hit "previous" and "next" to find listings of galleries in London and further afield.

I'll just tuck that website away in the category of "one can dream." :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't he beautiful?
I find the English in general, are really a pet-loving population. There was a cat in Gloucester Cathedral when I visited, which amused me to no end.

I'll bet Oscar is well cared for.

Anonymous said...

I adore black cats. It's been several years since we've had one...we currently have a thirteen year old cat (Tigger) who rules our household.

Thanks for the link. A Pre-Raphaelite themed vacation is one of my dreams.

Grace said...

I'd love to take a self-guided tour around the UK to visit all the Pre-Raphaelite sites too. And I'd love to meet Oscar in person!