Saturday, May 30, 2009

Queen for the Week!

Many thanks to Anita, of the wonderful Castles, Crowns, and Cottages blog, one that I have been enjoying immensely ever since it was mentioned on another blog I follow. Anita is a dear kindred spirit, and she has decided to name a few ladies "Queen for the Week." I was among the lucky women!

In celebration, I thought I'd post a few favorite images of queens and royalty. As is so often true, huge thanks to Art Magick, without which I would not have been able to collect these here so quickly.

Please do go check out Anita's wonderful blog, so full of joie de vivre!!


Female Study by Waterhouse


Vox Populi by Leighton


Lancelot and Guinevere by Herbert Draper (incidentally, I love Very Merry Seamstress' version of this gown)


The Lonely Life by Briton Riviere (I've always loved the colors of this artwork)


Queen Eleanor and Fair Rosamund by Evelyn De Morgan


The Four Queens Find Lancelot Sleeping by Frank Cadogan Cowper


Jezebel by John Byam Liston Shaw (love the black cat!)

2 comments:

Hermes said...

A title well deserved - and some lovely images.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh mon Dieu...Grace, I have never seen any of these great images! I literally jumped up from my seat and nearly woke up Ruben when I saw the first pencil drawing!! YOU ARE A QUEEN! Don't you just love this art? They are all marvelous, the colors...I am very fond of the four queens and the pencil drawing, so simple and clean are the lines. I really like her simple hairstyle and lovely crown atop her head. Ahhh....dreamy! Have a magnificent day my royal highness! And thank you for such compliments on my blog! Anita