Saturday, May 23, 2009

Imaginata Blog

Today I wanted to share with you a blog I've been greatly enjoying. Jim first posted a comment to one of my blogs here, and I enjoy following links to peek at the blogs of the people who comment. His was so delightful, (and on-theme) I have to share it.

Jim is an art student, and in an effort to better study the work of John William Waterhouse, he's painted studies/reproductions of some of his work. His latest completed project has been A Naiad.


Jim has also had the opportunity to see several of Waterhouse's paintings in-person, and his descriptions of them are captivating. I admit that I would be right next to him, enthralled by every detail of the canvas, if I ever got to see a Waterhouse myself.

Check out his blog!

5 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

I will go to see Jim immediately! Have a beautiful weekend Grace! Anita

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Stunning...what an artist and I love his choice of colors and background for his blog...mysterious, non? Anita

Jim said...

Thanks for putting me on here Grace and for your kind words :) As you've probably noticed, not everything I put on my site is Waterhouse related (though a lot of it is) but I usually try to put something on I consider to have some beauty about it. Amidst all the rubbish in the world, beauty is the one constant I try to focus on, something your blog does very well. Thanks again :)

PS. Thank you Anita. I'll have a look at your site soon, oui?

alaine@éclectique said...

I went to Jim's site from that blog you're talking about and yes, his work is wonderful.

Grace said...

Anita, Ladybug, his work is wonderful!

Jim, my pleasure! I enjoy all your art, Waterhouse and no :)