Friday, May 16, 2008

Two Great Links

I don't know how I missed these two wonderful articles on Endicott Studio from Terri Windling (a personal hero of mine) when they first came out, but I discovered links to them on her new personal website.

This article is a fascinating look at the Pre-Raphaelites and how they influence today's fantasy writers.

This article is an equally interesting look at the Pre-Raphaelites and their equivalents today working in the art genre.

I especially love the quote from Yeats she uses at the beginning of the first article:

"I made a new religion," wrote the great Irish poet William Butler Yeats, "of poetic tradition, of a fardel of stories, and of personages, and of emotions, inseparable from their first expression, passed on from generation to generation by poets and painters. I wished for a world where I could discover this tradition perpetually, and not in pictures and poems only, but in tiles round the chimney piece and in the hangings that kept out the draft."

No comments: